Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 16, 2013

Carter Michael Dorwin
Forever 9
July 27, 2001 - November 16, 2010
 




God, I know you gave your precious Son to give us life with You. But we didn't want our son to leave, cause he was precious too. We all are special in Your eyes and all to You return. We know our son will not come back, and for this our hearts still yearn. Our time on earth is for learning, and when our lessons are through, our Lord will choose the time we leave, and we come back to You. Our precious son is with You, and there will be a day, that we too will leave this earth, and You will light our way. His arms will be wide open, and that wait will be worthwhile, when we see again our precious son, and the splendor of his smile.   ~Anonymous





Only in God are we truly safe and secure. Anything else is false security. Whether we are surrounded by mighty walls of stone, a comfortable home, or a secure job, no one can predict what tomorrow may bring. Our relationship with God is the only security that cannot be taken away.




Today is the three year Heaven Anniversary since Carter met Jesus and went Home. It brings me so much peace to know that Carter is with our Lord.  Knowing this is comfort to my heart. It brings me so much pain to live out the rest of my life without him. Doing this is the hard part. I know God's promises to us and how He wants me to feel about death and eternal life. To help me feel His truth and believe His promises, I have to draw near to Him. Sometimes, before we can find the sunrise, we must find courage to walk into the darkness. I want to live a life that reflects the love that I have for our Lord. I pray to live each day, with the pain that I have of losing Carter, with a faith that trusts and believes all that Jesus promises. I need Jesus to fill me with His love today, as we remember Carter, and are weak with heavy hearts as we walk this path with our Lord. Because God is strong, He can help us in our weakness. I know that God is with me; I know He will never leave me nor forsake me; and I know that He carries me on these hard days.  I will not let Satan take the joy that God has for me. God will hold me up today.





"He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon!" Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!" Revelation 22:20
 
 
Missing our sweet, sweet boy......
We wait for You, Lord Jesus!



Last picture taken of Carter.  One week before November 16, 2010. Having lunch with Carter at Eastview Elementary School.


 Last song Carter listened to - November 16, 2010~
 


 

No comments: