Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Helping Hands

How to Help
 
Please be gentle with this new person that I was forced to become. I need understanding and patience, so please administer some.
 
I often feel myself floundering in my daily activities now, and some of the things that I used to do are harder to do somehow.
 
There are certain songs I can't bear to hear and places where I cannot dwell, and just folding laundry can make me cry; (shopping for groceries, as well.)
 
If the smell of a grilled cheese sandwich has me suddenly weeping tears; please understand that he loved those for lunch and I made them for him for years.
 
And don't be afraid to mention his name. I need that more than you know. You are not the reason I'm hurting so much - the loss of my son made that so.
 
Just offer your shoulder if I need to cry and listen if I need to talk. This road that I'm on is SO difficult - the hardest I ever will walk.
 
Maybe someday I'll show you his pictures and not fall apart at the seams. Just tell me you know that I'm hurting so - I can't tell you how much that means.
 
I know that the pain will get softer so be patient with me till it does; I never will be the same person again, for, I'm not the ME that I was.
 
~Beverly F. Walker, "Grieving and Recovery"
 
 
 
Last night when I was reading to Bradley, one of the questions in his children's book was, "What do you see yourself doing someday?"  And Bradley's response was, "I see myself playing in Heaven someday."
 
 
"As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him?" Psalm 42:1-2
 
 
Thank You, Father, for helping us to live with an eternal perspective.
 
 

 
 


No comments: