Monday, June 9, 2008

The Bear at the "Bear Creek"....

This is in the front yard, next to our driveway.....
The bear has been seen on many occasions wondering around in our yard. Well, we finally had the chance to see it ourselves Saturday afternoon. Laurel Gruber happened to be on County Road B at the time, when the bear was sited in our front yard, and slowly made his way across the street. She was able to get some pictures of the big bear!
I had just put Bradley down for a nap, around 1:30, when I looked out the window and saw the very large creature across the street. Someone else had stopped their vehicle at the time to get a look, when the bear started running across the field. My adrenaline was sure pumping when I started shouting..."The bear.....it's the bear.....it's the bear....". Chad and Carter came running to get a look. It just happened to be the same day that 3 fox members decided to charge at me & Toby when I was letting him outside at 5:00 a.m. I was a little shooken-up about that incident!
What a day at the Bear Creek! Both Chad and I were surprised at how large the bear is. He must be getting his fill at the Bear Creek River!! :-)
~~~~Jamie, do you still have a bear license?????????~~~

3 comments:

Pat said...

A picture is worth a 1000 words! You sure do have a bear around there. Better keep an eye out for kids and dog & big lunches too (like the two of you!). It is cool that a picture was taken.

Sheila said...

Yikes!
I'm sure he will move on...maybe with a little help. :)
I would worry more about the fox family wanting to get too "friendly" with Toby!
I'm sure your boys will be glad to have stories to tell their children some day about "their bear" at Bear Creek. :)

Auntie said...

It looks disturbingly LARGE in these pics!!! And hungry!! Keep an eye on Toby--and my nephews!!!!
:-)