Monday, May 26, 2008

Welcome Home Toby.....

Carter was very excited that his puppy came home Friday night.

After work on Friday, I went to Winona for a few dog items at Fleet Farm. On the way home, I stopped in to pick up Toby in Fountain City. The boys were sure excited to see him. Carter is especially enjoying Toby. Bradley, on the other hand, is a little skeptical. If Carter is playing with Toby, then Bradley will join in. Bradley doesn't like it when Toby chases him....he gets a little scared.We are teaching Carter the responsibilities of having a dog and being consistent with telling Carter when to take Toby out to the bathroom. He's already bathed Toby and is ready to do it again. It has been nice to have Toby for Carter to play with and take care of. It's cute to watch him care for Toby....Carter carries him around like a little baby. Carter feels very proud that Toby follows him all over.
Toby is actually a pretty good puppy. I was expecting the worst, and to my surprise, it is going quite well. Toby sleeps quietly in a kennel at night. He was partially potty-trained before we had him, so that has been going well, too. He looks forward to the treats that he gets when he goes to the bathroom outside.


Having a dog is new experience for me and I never thought I would say this, but I love having Toby. If you would have asked me a year ago, I would have said.."we will never have a dog!!" If it was up to Chad, both puppies would have come home with us as he wanted a companion for Toby. Since I was in charge of picking Toby up, only one came home!! :-) And we love him very much!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Sounds like Toby will fit right in with your family.....enjoy him. For our lifestyle, a dog free home is best!

Auntie said...

Cute little Toby--we were looking all weekend for a "puppy update"! Can't wait to meet the little guy!