Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Project...

Carter and I started on a new project in the dining room and kitchen. It was a project that I was planning to start once school was done, but I got an "itch" to get started on it earlier. Our plans are to tear off the wallpaper and paint the dining room and kitchen. I was curious to see how the wallpaper would come off and what exactly was underneith the wallpaper, so I started in a small corner to see what it was going to be like.
Well, the small corner ended up being an entire wall as it was coming off quite well. Carter and I got a little excited as it was pulling off and just kept on pulling. Once I started working on getting the glue off the wall, I realized that this wallpaper was put on sheet rock and not on a texturized wall. I soon found out that it was also put on before the trim, light fixtures, and cupboards. My simple project of painting is going to entail a little bit more......
Our plans are to texturize the walls with either texturized paint or the cement spray, and then paint over that. (Thanks, Shana, for the information about the texturized paint). It should be an interesting project, so I will keep you posted. Here are the walls without the wallpaper......

A little bit left to go around the California window and behind the refrigerator. The wallpaper behind the refrigerator has been a challenge to get off.

Hopefully it won't be too long that I can show you pictures of our painted walls, but I think most of the work will probably take place over the summer months (unless I can fit in some work on the weekends!) I'm anxious to get it started!!! Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

Pat said...

axlcfjA major project to take off wallpaper. I'm glad it went fairly well for you. It will be fun to see the finished product...do you have a color picked out?

Love,

Auntie Pat