Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa Ken!!

We are thinking of Dad/Grandpa Ken on his special day, Wednesday, April 30, as he turns 62. We hope you are having a fun-filled day. I am going to take a good guess as to where you will be celebrating your birthday (Black River Falls......Turtle Lake...????) I'm sure we will find out soon enough. Our family is looking forward to Dad/Grandpa Ken retiring this year at the end of June. The boys are hoping to spend more time with their grandpa once he is enjoying the relaxing life of retirement! I hope you enjoy some special pictures that we found of Dad/Grandpa Ken.
Grandpa Ken and Grandma Deb are helping Carter paint and carve his pumpkins for Halloween. October 2006. Dad is at home, making a path through the snow with his snow blower. I'm glad we don't have to do that anymore (I hope!!!)

As Uncle Jamie would know, Grandpa Ken would never miss a wrestling tournament of Carter's. Coach Klimek shares with Carter all of Uncle Jamie's old wrestling moves. This is last year's Durand tournament.

Here he is again at the wrestling tournament in Mondovi, last year, to cheer Carter on.


Again at this year's Durand wrestling tournament. I was happy to see that Dad's beard was gone the last time I saw him. I thought he was looking a little "grizzly". What do you think??

Dad makes a great Grandpa........he loves to be with the grandkids! Here he is with baby Bradley just after he was born.

Thanks, Dad, for your willingness to always help out. You have always been there for me......us, no matter if it was day or night. We are very happy you have decided to retire.

We love you Dad and Grandpa Ken!

No comments: