Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day for the hurting

 
 
 
 
 
 I have a heavy heart for my husband who will have his 4th Father's Day without his oldest son.  My heart breaks looking at his sadness and pain.  I am the "talker" of my pain.  My husband is the silent one who suffers by himself to look after me as I grieve and trying to fix what he cannot fix.  I know he will carry his broken heart until his last breath.  Thankfully, his faith makes his days bearable.  Not a day goes by without thinking about Carter and talking about what life would be like with him.
 
Yes, it's Father's Day and for the sake of Bradley, it will be a happy father's day, but it will also be a day of emptiness and loneliness without Carter.
 
May all the grieving dads out there feel the love of their lost children.
 
 
To be a man in grief,
Since "men don't cry"
and "men are strong"
No tears can bring relief.

It must be very difficult
To stand up to the test,
And field the calls and visitors
So she can get some rest.

They always ask if she's all right
And what she's going through.
But seldom take his hand and ask,
"My friend, but how are you?"

He hears her crying in the night
And thinks his heart will break.
He dries her tears and comforts her,
But "stays strong" for her sake.

It must be very difficult
To start each day anew.
And try to be so very brave-
He lost his baby too.

Eileen Knight Hagemeister
 
 
Happy Father's Day to the One who loves us most and carries us through our pain.  Heavenly Father, we need and rely on You for our Daily Bread.....
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments: