Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Praise God

 
What started out as an exciting field trip to the
"AgriScience Department" at Badger High School......
 
 

for Mrs. Anderson's 3rd grade class
at Eastview Elementary.........
 
 
 
A very special student in that 3rd grade class,
I got to see.......


 
.....and could hear telling friends and all,
as he was coming down the hall....
"My mom teaches here!!!!"

 
 
With a great big hug and a warm, "Hi mom!!"  It was Mr. Carter Dorwin, showing me all the great activities on his AgriScience fieldtrip to BHS!  From one little Styrofoam cup of planting a "Wandering Jew" that Carter did do...




 
He never did get to see the beauty that God made
from his planting....

 


 
 
 
God blessed us with His protection over Carter's little plant that now grows...and grows....and grows...

 


And we are able to gift to others as we remember Carter and his love for Jesus.  And so we also remember - John 14:6 "Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one can come to the Father except through me."'
 
 

 
Carter's love for Jesus is even being gifted all the way up in Amery, WI!  My good friend, Heather, keeps Carter's plant in her classroom - and as her students have birthday celebrations, they each get to make their own flowerpot and take a piece of Carter's plant home.  Mrs. Hahn doesn't hold back on sharing her memories of the special things about Carter - like his favorite color being orange, and how much he liked going to church activities, playing outside, playing with his brother, being a Cub Scout, play Lego Star Wars on the Wii -- all that cool stuff when you are in 1st grade!!  Thanks, Mrs. Hahn (1st gr. teacher) - we love you!!
 
 
The link to:  Chris Tomlin's, "I Lift My Hands".....
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of4fvzKnId0


2 comments:

Janine said...

Beautiful. Thank you for reminding me about the little things... that really are (and grow into) the big things! Thinking of you still, especially in November.

java diva said...

Hi, Nicole! I am so sorry I didn't get a card sent to you this year. I am thinking of you all today and have been all week.
That is just so precious about the wandering jew plant! I have to say having a child in Heaven, I feel more like a Jew in Exodus wandering and waiting impatiently for the Promised Land!
May you feel God's love overflowing especially today as we think of Carter in Jesus' presence.
kimberlee