Wednesday, August 24, 2011

If We've Ever Needed You ...

Dear Heavenly Father,
I am still mourning for my great loss. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and it is there as soon as I wake every morning. I miss Carter so much. I'm grieving and it's so difficult. I look over at Bradley sleeping, and am so thankful, Father. Thank You for Carter's life and the time I had with him; I just miss him - we all do. Please be patient with me. We try to do things as a family and it is not the same - someone is missing; someone very special to us. Thank You, Lord, that expressing my pain is healthy and can actually bring me closer to You. Thank You that You are compassionate and patient. Please help me to feel the comfort of Your presence as I move through this time of grief. Lord, I need You. May Your Kingdom come! Amen.






"God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4










"I desire you more than anything on earth." Psalm 73:25



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started reading the book Life after Life by Raymond Moody. If your haven't heard of it, the book is about near death experiences and a excerpt of interviews from people who have experiences this "phenomena".... I just began reading it a couple days ago....when I was talking to my husband (also a Christian Believer) about the book.... I explained that the experience of death seemed somewhat comparable to a caterpiller making it's cocoon... "What the caterpiller calls the end of the world the Master calls the butterfly." R. Bach. So when I saw the first photo on your post from this morning I immediately noticed the butterfly on Carter's picture... If Carter is in your heart he is always with you...He is with you in spirit on earth and is alive as can be with our Lord in Heaven. Prayers for your family...Your sister in Christ, Amy.........(deesbarlament@gmail.org)

Anonymous said...

Dorwins, please forgive my typos in my previous comment...it looks like I should stick with the olden style computer instead of the internet from my phone : ) ...God be with you, God IS with you. Your sister in Christ, Amy (**deesbarlament@gmail.com)

Anonymous said...

Lastly...

http://www.youtube.com/user/RhemaMarvanne?v=2XBiLigtRHM&feature=pyv&ad=6738584890&kw=god

~Amy

Sheila said...

I know it is so very hard....and grief goes on for a long time.....but also know that many prayers are surrounding you.....may you feel their covering.
Also....I love the photo of the boys with the white beards....it made me smile...what a classic. :)

Marlene Jones said...

Such beautiful photos of the boys grwoing up with each other.They are not ours, they belong to Our Lord. They are on loan to us and you did such a wonderful job with Carter maybe God said I cannot let the world damage such a beautiful soul as this so he came for him.Carter has helped so many in only 9 years. I am so sorry life is so hard for you without him.I hope it gets easier for all of you soon.You are one loving and kind mother Nicole. I hope you can laugh again soon.

Janine said...

Dear Nicole,

My heart still aches with you. Just looking thru your photos of the boys makes me feel so sad that your precious Carter is no longer here to add his love to your life. It just reminds me again how precious the seemingly everyday, mundane moments are! I hope and pray that Bradley will grow up with such a strong belief in God and with the knowledge of how much he was loved by Carter. (How could he not with you as his Mom!!) Even though we have never met, please know how much you are loved and cared about.

Sincerely,

Janine