Friday, July 28, 2017

Happy 16th Heavenly Birthday, Carter


No matter how hard I try, I cannot escape this day or the pain of loss. The last birthday we celebrated with Carter was his 9th birthday. Like we say, Carter is "Forever 9". He would now be 16. We imagine he would most likely be going for his license today. We see kids the same age going through this - the pain hits hard. I feel like it should be us going through this. I miss being able to go thro...ugh life with Carter and am deeply saddened. The loss of our son is great.

I am reminded in my Daily Devotion that God loves Carter more than we do. It doesn't even seem possible that someone could love Carter more than us. But it's true. Walking in faith and believing this helps us to trust Him in whatever happens. We walk toward the promise that God is good, even when the circumstances are unclear. I choose God as the Ruler of my life as I walk this broken road.

O God, You know my fears and worries. Help me remember Your faithfulness and not be afraid.
Christ is our only security in a changing world. Whatever may happen in this world, Christ remains forever changeless. (Hebrews 1:11-12)

HAPPY 16TH HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY CARTER! Love you sweet boy!

I will never recover from my loss and will never get over missing Carter, but I still cherish life!