Thursday, March 13, 2014

Trust in Jesus

God loves you very much. My brother died in a car accident in Lake Geneva about 3 years ago. He met Jesus in heaven. God is mighty!

 My brother’s name is Carter and he was nine years old.  We say Carter is “Forever 9”.  Carter would be twelve years old.  My name is Bradley and I am eight years old. I was four years old when Carter died; almost five. We played a lot. We were good brothers.

I think about Carter in heaven now. I wish I knew what he was doing. I know that he lives with Jesus and that heaven is good. I think Carter is taking care of animals because he loved animals.  He wanted to be a veterinarian when he grew up. 

 I feel sad for some families who had people die; especially if their brother or sister died. But they are still with you. I miss my brother. Carter lives in my heart now, just like Jesus does. I’m glad God saved me; I could have died, too. But God saved Carter, too. He took Carter to live in heaven with Him. Carter was fun - the funniest kid of all.

 God tells me in the Bible not to be sad.  He tells me that heaven is His home and people we love live there. God’s house is big and has many rooms. He tells me that Carter is always near. He tells me that everyone is happy in heaven. I am happy that no one cries in heaven and there are no bad people. I think Carter is running around in heaven – even on gold streets! God tells me not to be sad. I like to think about the gates of heaven. They sound really cool. We can go to heaven if we believe in Jesus. I know God is alive!

 Jesus loves you!

 
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God. Trust in me also. There are many rooms in my Father’s house…I will come back. And I will take you to be with me. Then you will also be where I am.” John 14:1-3

 
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.’” John 14:6

~Bradley Dorwin (3/13/14)

2 comments:

The Fyllings said...

Very nice, Bradley!

Sheila said...

What a great brother you are! Thanks for sharing these special truths with us. I hope you will blog again soon!