Saturday, December 7, 2013

We Will Remember..

Will I Forget?

After three long years of missing you,
I have a newborn fear;
That as time goes by, my mind will fail,
And your memory won't be clear.

Already I have problems in
Remembering the sound
Your sweet voice made in speaking--
Oh, where can it be found?

I have photos by the hundreds,
And your face will always be
Engraved upon my very heart,
For you're the heart of me.

But how I long to hear your voice
And see your loving smile!
To gaze upon your precious face,
And talk with you a while.

I can't believe it's been three years--
It seems like yesterday;
Yet it also seems a million years
Since you went away.

Time doesn't work the way it did
When you were still on earth;
Sometimes it crawls, sometimes it flies,
It's hard to know time's worth.

But three years gone is three years less
I have to live alone,
And as the years roll slowly by,
Someday I'll be called Home.

And then I'll get to be with you,
For all eternity,
How precious, then, will be our time,
Each day a symphony!

Oh, always, I'll remember you
And all the things you are,
You are my son, my precious child,
My brightly shining star.

I will remember!

Loving you ever, forgetting you never,
Mom


This poem was written by Saralyn McAfee Smith, for her son in heaven, Robbie Smith.




No comments: