Thursday, October 27, 2011

Where I Belong

"God is #1", said Carter Dorwin.......PSALM 62:

"I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.

So many enemies against one man - all of them trying to kill me. To them I'm just a broken-down wall or a tottering fence. They plan to topple me from my high position. They delight in telling lies about me. They praise me to my face but curse me in their hearts.

Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.

Common people are as worthless as a puff of wind, and the powerful are not what they appear to be. If you weigh them on the scales, together they are lighter than a breath of air.

Don't make your living by extortion or put your hope in stealing. And if your wealth increases, don't make it the center of your life.

God has spoken plainly, and I have heard it many times: Power, O God, belongs to you; unfailing love, O Lord, is yours. Surely you repay all people according to what they have done."








/////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////

God spoke to me this week when I read:

"Scripture promises that God will one day avenge all injustice (Rom. 12:19). While we wait, we are to do what we can to work for justice and leave the results in God's hands."

"The call for justice must be strong to show what's right, to thwart what's wrong, But let's reject the smallest part of vengeance harbored in the heart."

"The scales of Divine justice always balance - if not here, then hereafter."

"Vengeance in Mine, I will repay," says the Lord." Romans 12:19

God, I do not understand what is going on and why we have to enter the court room once again, but I trust that You do. I am numb in the valley of the shadow of death, but I know You are holding me steady, and You won't ever let me go. Take my heavy burden today -- I need You. Amen



CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOtsB4O1p3o



1 comment:

Stephanie Hengst (Jeremys' sister) said...

Romans 12:17-21 summarizes the core of Christian living according to my Life Application Bible. It also states in the concordance that if we love someone the way Christ loves us, we will be willing to forgive. If we have experienced God's grace, we will want to pass it on to others. And remember, grace is UNDERSERVED favor. By giving an enemy a drink, we're not excusing his misdeeds. We're recognizing him, forgiving him, and loving him in spite of his sins --just as Christ did for us. (all from Life Application Bible)
I do pray for your family daily since the loss of little Carter. As of mother of 3 and having a son the same age as Carter...I grieve for you and your loss. However, Jeremy is a child of our King as well. God is not finished with Jeremy on this earth yet and I trust this is all in our Lords' hands. I've waited until now to say anything to your family and all I can say from our side is that we are so sorry. So very sorry for everything you've been through. Nothing we can say or do will change anything that happened on Nov. 16th, 2010. But I will tell you that it changed our lives forever as well. I also received a call that morning about a family member being flighted and not going to make it. Although there will always be questions on why Carter went to heaven and not Jer.. I will trust in the Lord and lean not on my own understanding. I trust this was an accident. We won't know until we get to heaven ourselves what the entire purpose is. In the new Casting Crowns song You're Already There....God knows our future and I will cling to that for your family and also for Jer as we all move forward on this Christ given journey. One other thing that you might want to know is that Jer does cry out to God as to all the whys...just like we all have. He has said to me since the beginning that he would have done anything for this to have been him and not your little boy. Again, I know this changes nothing..but until then one verse I cling to is Romans 12:12. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.
In Christ, Jeremy Dees sister, Stephanie