Friday, July 15, 2011

Praise You in this Storm

Click on the link below:
~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUWbmtbzDno
~


".....Until this time I had never really longed for heaven. I believed in it. I made my moral choices in the hope of attaining it. But it was so far beyond my imagination that my attitude had been to embrace God now and trust that I will love him enough to give myself unreservedly to him when the moment comes to exchange time for eternity."


~


"But something had changed..................something that tied me to earth, that made the physical beauty and the beauty of the natural world idols to me. Physical beauty rots in the grave and natural beauty groans in travail, while both await their liberation from slavery to corruption. I found myself longing for heaven, longing to be with my son, longing to leave this valley of tears. But more, I was longing to be with God. Something in the longing was changing. It was no longer simply to be rid of the pain. It was no longer simply to see {Carter} again. It was God himself who was the longing behind all my other longings. "


~


"A Grief Unveiled, One Father's Journey Through the Death of a Child", Gregory Floyd

No comments: