Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of School for The Dorwin's

It was the first day of school on Tuesday for the Dorwin family! Carter had his first day at Eastview Elementary. Bradley had his first day at Amy's Academy (without big brother), and I had my first day with students at Badger HS.
I left for work before any of the boys were up and left directions of the "morning routine" for Chad. The camera was left out for him to take pictures of the boys' first day. Of course, I was a little sad that I didn't get to see the boys on their first day of school, but they were sure to tell me all about it when I got home. I was a little worried about Carter on his first day, so I called him after school. When I asked him how his first day went, he responded, "It was AWESOME!". How great it was to hear those words.

We all shared our stories of the first day when we arrived home. Carter had a good experience in 2nd grade. Bradley also had a good day and told me all about the shapes that they explored at preschool. I had a pleasant day, as well.
The boys thought that since it was "technically" my first day with students, I should have had my picture taken too. We all sat in for a picture, but first, the boys had to get some of their items from the dress-up bin. (I am so glad I did not dispose of this bin before we moved!)

I few more changes from the dress-up bin for another picture.........

Carter and Bradley's friends that live in the condos around us also attend Eastview Elementary. Chad had a good day on his job search too. We met a nice Christian family that lives in the condo across from us. God is bringing wonderful people into our lives! We feel very blessed!!

4 comments:

The Fyllings said...

Hip Hip Hooray....I love the first day of school! (Okay...they weren't so fun when I was selling activity passes & lunch tickets to 300 kids in a single morning, but overall - lots of good memories from those first days each year.)

Sheri

Auntie said...

Glad to hear the first day of school went well for everyone! I bet Toby was sad to be home without the boys, though... :-) Can't believe Carter is already in SECOND GRADE!!!!

Pat said...

Looks like a good day at the Dorwin's....I am so glad.

Mom/LaNita said...

Thanks for keeping us current with the up dates!.
We had a fun time with Cruz and Todd's party on Sat.
Cruz has gotten a trampoline for his birthday gift (guess he liked the one Carter and Bradley had.) Todd had to take off today taking hay to a Amish farmer and pick up pallets at another Amish sawmill then on to Chicago. Alaina is growing fast and is a good baby. She was passed around lots at the piknik. Steph is popping out; she has appx. 6 wks to go. Ross is busy with staining trim and putting flooring down on his house. Lots going on around here right now, too. Dad and Mom