Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fun Fest

Hello Everyone-

I am a little behind on my blog.....no, I am A LOT behind on my blog and behind on reading your family blogs, too. I am full force ahead into finishing graduate school. I am in my last class and have recently sent my first draft of my thesis to my advisor. I need to complete all the work by August, which I hope to then graduate.

In addition, we have Vacation Bible School in two weeks. I am getting everything organized so that we will be ready for this important week. Carter & Bradley spent the day at Grandma Deb & Grandpa Ken's yesterday so that I could get some shopping done for it. Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!!

The first weekend in June was Fun Fest here in Durand. We didn't go to the carnival Friday night. Instead, we went to watch Evan play baseball at the Delong Middle School in Eau Claire. I forgot my camera, but Evan's mom was there taking pictures. If any of them turned out, she was going to send them to me and I will get them posted. Evan did a great job pitching at the game. I also heard that Evan's team won the championship this year at the tournaments!! Way to go, Evan!!

Saturday was a wash-out for Fun Fest, as it rained all day. The kiddy-tractor pull was cancelled and rescheduled for Sunday. Sunday was a busy day, as we had to fit Fun Fest in, all in one day.

Carter was in the parade on Sunday with the cub scouts, handing out pudding. This time, I did manage to remember my camera, but once I turned it on, the batteries were low. I did, however, happen to get one picture, as you can see below, that didn't turn out very well. We met some friends at the parade, which they took pictures of Carter and his cub scout team, and I will post them once I get them.

Carter handing out pudding to his friends..... After the parade, Carter was in the kiddy-tractor pull, which he did a great job trying to get as far as he could. (We stopped to get new batteries for the camera.....)




The Klimie cousins would be proud of Carter as he started basketball "camp" this week called "Little Dribblers". He came out of the first day with all smiles and just loved it....and very sweaty!!
Now that the week is almost done......I hope everyone has a nice week......AND weekend!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Nice to have a recent update!

Auntie said...

Hey, Carter--BASKETBALL?!?! How cool is that?! That is the Klimie Cousin's FAVORITE sport! :-)

Way to go!