Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pinewood Derby

Chad took Carter to the Pinewood Derby on Saturday, while I stayed back and managed our thriftsale. What a busy day it was between the Derby and the thriftsale.
I was disappointed that I missed Carter's Derby, but Chad took lots of pictures so I could see what it was all about. Carter's car is the orange one with the black stripes (#10). Carter picked out the design of the car, and Grandpa Bill made the car for him.
Thanks Grandpa Bill!! Let the race begin....
Carter watching his car at the finish line....

The boys are cheering their cars on....
Here they come....


Carter took 4th place at the Pinewood Derby....

We forgot to put on the boyscout shirt that morning. Too much to remember that day!!


It was quite the Derby. I wish I could have been there to get in on the excitement myself. Although, Tara and I, along with a friend, had enough excitement at the house with our thriftsale.

3 comments:

Auntie said...

Congrats on your fourth place finish, Carter! Your ORANGE car is AWESOME!

Pat said...

Congratulations Carter.....I think Grandpa Bill has made a few of the derby cars in his time!

Sheila said...

Your car is my favorite!