Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Crystal Cave Adventure

The good news is.....I remembered our camera on our trip to Crystal Cave. The bad news is.....when I turned on the camera, the batteries were low. It didn't take long for the batteries to lose its' juice.

Sunday after church, we headed to Spring Valley to take the boys to Crystal Cave. This is one of Carter's favorite places to visit. We thought it would be fun for Bradley to see it this year, too.

It was a fun day as the boys toured the cave. Carter's favorite part to the cave is to see the bats hanging upside down. Well, this year, he got a bonus when visiting the cave as we had a bat flying around us during the tour. At one point, I had to duck my head or the bat would have ran right into me. I didn't enjoy this part as much as Carter and Bradley did!! They found it amusing to hear me scream.

Carter wanted to take some special pictures of the cave to put in our family blog. Here are the pictures that he was able to take before we lost all the battery juice.





On our way home, Grandpa Bill was at Paul & Tara's house helping Uncle Paul build a shed for some of his tools. We stopped in to visit and Paul invited us over to their new firepit to roast some marshmellows and make s'mores. They made a firepit with an old tire rim and were excited to try it out. We had supper with them and roasted some yummy s'mores. The boys had fun playing with Autumn, and of course, picking at the FIRE!! Thanks Paul & Tara!!
--I'm back to work this week and the boys are at daycare. Grandma LaNita is going to babysit our little Toby and let him play with Shadow. Chad thought he might get a little lonely in the laundry room all day. Wednesday night Carter has Open House at Arkansaw Elementary School where he gets to meet his teacher and see his classroom. He is starting to get a little nervous about school starting......please pray for a smooth transition for him as he learns a new bus route and gets acquainted at a new school. I have Open House at Pepin Thursday night and Tara is going to help out with the boys until I get home. I have a 4-day weekend coming up with all my boys!!
----Have a great week everyone!

No comments: